Media training for executives
Finding yourself in a blaze of criticism
Remain calm and confident despite coming under attack: this training course will prepare you for all types of media clash or confrontation.
We will equip you with the skills you need by practising rhetorical strategies, controlling techniques and psychological tools in real-life settings. The objective here is to perfect your performance for the real world. We will show you how to handle difficult media situations in a calm and poised manner.
And in keeping with the idea that there’s no such thing as bad publicity, you will learn how to use the increased media attention to highlight the services and positive features of your organisation, as well as your own good points, in the media. To do so, we use image management techniques.
- Strategic tools: achieve your goal even if the odds are stacked against you
- Tactical tools: answer critical questions confidently
- Rhetorical devices: know how to get your message across skilfully
- Controlling techniques: being in control of your counterpart and the situation (meta-dialogue level)
- Psychological tools: control the mood and character of the interview
- Image management: show what you are made of, especially in the face of adversity, and take ownership of your public image
Reality check: Participants will be interviewed about their subjects by well-known journalists in real media settings. You will receive personal feedback, and we will work on improvements and make them second nature by practising, practising, practising. The aim is to make sure that, by the end of the day, you have learnt what you need from the training to achieve the desired result in practice.